News about travel deals - for airlines, hotels and resorts, theme parks, car rental agencies - flood my inbox and cross my desk all the time. Here are seven new travel deals you might be interested in, most of them designed to get people back out on the road this Fall. As always, caveat emptor. Read the fine print, and if it looks good, go.
1. AirTran Airways launched a fare sale today through midnight EDT Thursday, offering one-way fares starting at $39 for travel from Aug. 18 through Dec. 16, with blackout dates around Thanksgiving. Cheapest fares are on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Samples: $39 from Baltimore-Washington International to Charlotte, $54 from Orlando to Atlantic City. (http://www.airtran.com/ or 1.800-AIR-TRAN).
2. The Bermuda Department of Tourism is offering up to 40 percent off participating Bermuda hotels in honor of Bermuda's 400th anniversary. Sale ends Wednesday, Aug. 5 and is good for travel from Aug. 21 through March 31, 2010. (http://www.bermudasale.com/).
3. The Epic Hotel, a stylish boutique property in Miami with a good restaurant, called Area 31, and a happening waterside bar, is offering rooms from $129, valid for Thursdays through Sundays. This is a cool, modern hotel - I stayed there a few months ago and liked it. This sale ends Friday and is good for travel from today through Sept. 30. (http://www.kimptonhotels.com/)
4. Virgin America, the 2-year-old airline based in San Francisco, is putting tickets on sale now through Aug. 11 for travel from Aug. 18 through Nov. 18. Sample fares: Boston-San Francisco, starting at $119 one-way before taxes and fees, and New York-Las Vegas, also starting at $119 one-way. (http://www.virginamerica.com/ or 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN).
5. Walt Disney World is offering six packages, called Magic Your Way, available for travel through Dec. 17. Some variations go as low as $70 per night and includes entry to a Walt Disney World Resort and one Walt Disney theme park. Paackages are good for travel from Sept. 27 to Dec., 17, and tickets must be booked by Sept. 27. (http://www.disneyworld.disney.go.com/)
6. Traders Hotels, the well-regarded 4-star business-oriented hotels operated by Hong Kong's Shangri-la Hotels and Resorts, are offering a second night free from now through Sept. 30, to travelers who book between Aug. 6 and Aug. 15. Traders has hotels in a number of big Asian cities, including Kuala Lumpur, Yangon (Rangoon), Beijing, Singapore and Abu Dhabi. (http://www.shangri-la.com/).
7. Jet Airways, an internationally respected Indian carrier, is offering "boarding pass delights,'' along with its domestic low-cost unit, JetLite, that include discounts at participating hotels in India. For example, showing a Jet Airways or JetLite boarding card would get you a third night free at participating Marriott Hotels in India. (http://www.jetairways.com/).