Wednesday, November 11, 2009

An Italian Oddity: K-9 Versus Twitter

ROME - To readers following my tweets on Twitter.com, an apology: A filtering system called K-9 on the hotel Internet service declares, correctly of course, that Twitter.com is a social networking site - and then makes it unavailable to users. Thus, my tweets about my round the world trip on Star Alliance carriers has met an unexpected and temporary interruption.

This is indeed an oddity. I have met the Great Firewall of China, which shut off my access to this very blogging service during my week-long visit to China in September. It also blocked access to Twitter. (Poor Twitter - what has it done?) All I can say for now is that my tweeting will resume as soon as K-9 stops growling, or I escape its purview, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment