Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Hotel and Airline Reviews

I mentioned in a post a few days ago that I have signed on as a contributing editor at www.AirlinesAndDestinations.com, a New York-based site that operates in what we journos rather wonkishly call the travel "space.''

Over the past 10 days or so I've crafted hotel reviews and one airline review (the latter is about Cathay Pacific Airways's trans-Pacific business-class service) for the site. The hotels in question are Inn on the Alameda, in Santa Fe, New Mexico USA; Shangri-la Hotel, The Marina, in Cairns, Queensland, Australia; The Opposite House, in Beijing, China; and the Conrad, a Hilton hotel in Tokyo, Japan - that one hasn't been posted yet but I'm told it will be by this weekend.

If things go according to plan, there'll be more.

These are professional reviews, not the rants and wet kisses of social media. The pieces are intended to be thorough, reporting-driven and helpful to travelers. If you want to check them out, go to the site's home page, where you'll see the name of the hotel (or airline) and the words By Contributing Editor. Click on the headline to read the full story, which appears under my byline. If a review has rotated off of the A&D home page, you can look it up under the hotels or airlines category.

I'm going to be writing more reviews - as well as the usual mix of travel features, news and commentary - right here, too.

As things roll along at A&D, I'll give the occasional heads-up here, as well as on Twitter, where I tweet as Armstrongtravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment